I'd Rather Be Scripting is back after the holiday break!
Kerri and Ash start with follow-up from "Episode 7: Decker, Lil, and a good dose of HyperCard nostalgia". Decker developer John Earnest reached out with a few app updates relevant to episode 7, including:
- X-Ray Specs, a super power for seeing through the Lil script editor into the deck to speed up script development
- Improved column formatting for creating and manipulating table data on the fly (as well as documentation improvements for column formatting)
- Confirmation that locking a deck is essentially kiosk mode in Decker
The Coding with Nylas YouTube video that Ash mentions is "Episode 41: How to build an agenda using Decker (HyperCard) and Ruby".
- Codebook Visual Studio Code Extension
- Node.js Notebooks (REPL) Visual Studio Code Extension
Check out the We Connect the Dots Code-A-Thon 2023 page for details in case you'd like register someone who'd like to learn to code (ages 13-18) in the future, or if you'd like to sponsor events in the future!