Ash re-discovers the Upper West Side of Manhattan while Kerri goes fishing in Dredge on the Steamdeck!
Also! Star Trek feelings for both co-hosts at the end of Star Trek: Picard. For the true 80s kids, watch LeVar Burton's TNG Reading Rainbow Special for maximum feels.
Experimenting with AI in Developer Relations
The post covers the following questions about AI in DevRel, some of which Kerri and Ash cover in this episode:
- How can AI enhance the way you work?
- How can developers use third-party AI to enhance their integrations with our APIs?
- How can AI enhance the developer experience we offer?
- How can AI enhance our product?
Kerri and Ash cover all kinds of stuff here, including:
- A "sandwich model" for human-AI collaboration
- The possibilities with using OpenAPI specs to provide an AI with context
- Asking the AI for "white space" in your thoughts: "What am I missing?"
- The copilot is you! And sometimes your pilot is a little bit drunk...
- .... Yet perfection is not the bar we should be setting
Experimenting with AI in developer use cases
A deep dive into question #2 above: AI-enhanced sample code!
At the end, our co-hosts talk about how strange it feels to use English strings as a functional part of your code. As an extension, they cover the perils of programmatically handling output from generative AI.